Where is the land of enchantment? No, it’s not New Mexico. You have to south of the boarder. Okay, a little farther south. That’s right, Guatemala is the real land of enchantment. Okay, maybe not all of Guatemala is that enchanting. But no other country, outside of the good’ol U.S.A., has my heart like Guatemala.
So why do I love Guatemala? What follows is my top five reasons I love Guatemala and think it is a great travel destination and even more so an amazing place to live.
1. All of the gigantic volcanoes, whether they are erupting or just challenging me to hike or photograph, I love them.
2. The Colonial Cathedrals. I love old buildings and well, these ones have stood the test of time.
3. The Amazing Coffee. Err, I mean how everyone loves Guatemalan Coffee. (Everyone but me)
4. The craftsmanship, be it food or a hand-knit blanket, Guatemalans can make some beautiful goods. Cuidado! Be careful where you eat, ’cause you want to take the beautiful hand-made scarf home with you, not amoebas.
5. Most of all Guatemalan’s have passion, which makes me love them right back. If you travel to Guatemala you will find that the rich and the poor, both have huge hearts. Their genuine way of life makes them extremely beautiful.
I hope someday that everyone will be able to travel down to Guatemala and come up with their own list for why they love Guatemala. It is an adventure, but be careful you just might be enchanted!